Monday, February 06, 2006

The Raven

Today Roadie and I drove through some of the most beautiful areas of the country – North Texas, Arkansas and Missouri. There is some thing energetic about going up and down, swerving around, and having to go fast and slow at times as I drove through the hill country. I greatly enjoyed driving up a hill and then finding a great view at the top when I had to slow down to take a curve. The trees are so tall, not like in Austin, and soar, ever reaching to the heavens. We arrived this evening around 7 pm at The Cabin in the Woods. I am so appreciative that dearest Finnabair is allowing Roadie and I to stay here for a bit.

Yesterday before I left Austin I stopped in Georgetown to visit Momma Gretchen and Pappa Don. I told them some of the stories about the cabin and Pappa Don requested some pictures. Thus I will set my intents to obtaining some pictures to share on the Blog. It was good to see them and thank you Momma Gretchen for providing the Pumpkin Bread. Yum!!!

Today as I drove I kept seeing Ravens, then I saw more vultures. These were the animal spirit guides for today, thus I thought I would share with you about the raven as a totem.

The Raven represents Magic, Healing, and Creation. If a raven totem has come into our life, magic is at play. Raven activates the energy of magic and links it to our will and intention. With this totem, we can make great changes in our life; the ability to take the unformed thought and make it reality. The raven shows us how to go into the dark of our inner self and bring out the light of our true self; resolving inner conflicts which are long been buried. This is the deepest power of healing we can possess.

I welcome the time alone for self-reflection, reading, working, and learning more about my own power and gifts. I have so much to learn, so much to do, so I believe that this time will be about silence, being still, meditating, praying, and searching. Just as the bear slumbers in winter, this is my personal winter so that I may awake in the spring with a new sense of self, ready to speak and share. I will still be writing in the journal, but this will be a time for me to be alone. I am setting my intentions upon finding a class in welding to help with my sculpture and I’m sure it will have some practical uses also. I will also be looking for other opportunities of learning. Tonight I’m at peace and Roadie seems so happy to be here as he is enjoying running around outside.

Thought for today: What unformed thoughts do you have that you would like to see become reality? I’m learning that we all have the power within ourselves to make these thoughts become reality. This aspect of life is about the Power of Words, which are derived from our thoughts. It is all energy. Our thoughts power our words, our words power our actions (and others actions and thoughts), and our actions power our intent thus allowing things to be brought about. I encourage everyone to be aware of what thoughts you are thinking so that they only power up positive words and actions for you and others around you. So, what are your thoughts - Positive or negative energy? Ready to make them reality?