Monday, February 06, 2006

Animal Totems – Vulture

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Today as I drove out of Austin a vulture flew by. I had also seen a vulture at the cabin and have always seen them when changes were taking place. I wanted to share the meaning of the vulture in Native American Spiritualism.

The Vulture represents New Vision. The Vulture is the symbol of death and rebirth, the mother symbol, and represents purification. For those with this totem, you will be noticed more for what you do than how you appear. Vulture or Condor teaches us how to soar above our limitations. The Vulture is inked to the Griffin. The Griffin is a Protector Totem and to see one was a signal that great magic and power would awaken in your life. This Totem is a permanent totem; once it enters your life it will be with you always, through your numerous lifetimes. You may start to see auras and colors around people; Vulture can help teach you how to accomplish this through patience and vision. Vultures teach you how to soar without using much energy, how to ride the thermal winds instead of flapping. Go with the flow. Use your own energy powerfully and efficiently. Vulture is associated with the sense of smell and aromatherapy is a good tool to use to connect with this Totem. The Vulture promises us that no matter how difficult things are at the moment, rescue and change are imminent. Soar above the drudgeries of every day life through spirit. And Vulture/Condor is there to protect you in this journey.

As I shared last night about not belonging anymore, I sense that this is a time for a new vision. Time to begin to learn about my gifts and how to effectively use my energy and power to help others.

As I write this Roadie and I are staying in a small hotel in Greenville, Texas for the night. It feels good to sleep in a bed, as I have slept in the Explorer for the last three nights. The Explorer currently reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies when they moved to California, as the drafting table, wooden desk and chair are on top with the chair sitting above it all ready for someone to sit in it. I almost put a sign on it saying, “where is granny?” I even thought about putting some fabric on the chair so it would flow behind like in the movie Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I have also grabbed some extra pillows, bedding and quilts to take to the cabin so all of the beds have good bedding and will be ready for visitors in the future.

I feel like I belong at the cabin and hope that dearest Finnabair and worthy Lonnie will allow me to become a part of their vision of it becoming an artist’s retreat. I will wait to see how this plays out, as I know that I also have some other places to go so I can learn more. Tonight I chatted with Arch Consultant (his online name, as I cannot recall his real name at the moment.) and he told me about a metaphysical retreat that is coming up and invited me to attend it. I graciously accepted and will look forward to this event. He is another man that I feel drawn to and haven’t yet met, so it will be good to finally meet him. I will share more about this event as soon as I receive his next email about it. He’s also going to talk to some of his artist friends who know about composting toilet systems and have them contact me so I can learn more about this to use it at the cabin. Arch Consultant and I share the architecture aspect and I sense more together.

I’m not sure what to expect of the coming months or years, so I will continue to live in the moment and enjoy each day as it is presented.

Thought for today: What animal have you noticed in your life regularly? If you want to know more about it’s meaning, please check out http://www.linsdomain.com/totems.htm to get an idea. She also talks about other things such as Angels. I’ll share more later about the various animal totems that are a part of my life so look for that section soon.