Thursday, February 23, 2006

Illusions

“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don’t turn away from possible futures before you’re certain you don’t have anything to learn from them. You’re always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.” Quote from Illusions The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach

The sun is shining brightly sharing its warmth upon the earth drying the water from the melted snow of days past. I am sitting here typing this morning, something that I am trying to make part of my morning routine. Routine – Wake up, stretch in the bed, play with Roadie, slip out of bed and into my slippers and a shirt, walk with Roadie to the front door, put Roadie outside, start the tea kettle, prepare Roadie’s breakfast, open the door for Roadie to return, give Roadie a treat, write in the journal, prepare morning tea because the tea kettle is whistling, prepare breakfast, continue writing in the journal, sit quietly in meditation. That is my current morning routine. I’m hoping in time to add yoga.

What we perceive as life is a dream, an illusion. We are the life dreamers, the illusionist, and the hypnotist. We make life into what we want it to be. Are you aware of this? Are you aware? This is something that I hadn’t been aware of, and instead lived by the negative energies of lies and stories that I had believed over the years about myself (what others said or thought about me), about the world around me, and what I believed about spiritual things (what I had been taught to believe through the church – modern religion). Only by awakening from the dream and being able to realize that I was the dreamer was I able to break free from the limitations, break free from what others thought and said, and break free from the literalism of religious teachings. I have begun to read Illusions, The Adventures of a Relunctant Messiah and I am thankful for the two people who have provided this book to me. I encourage you to read this short but very thought provoking book.

I think back to a few days ago when I wrote about what Gabriel had told me about my future. I had asked him if I could change my future and he said yes. I didn’t fully understand this until I kept asking more questions. Then I realized that I had the power (the ability to call things into existence, to dream them) to create whatever future I wanted. I also realized that my past had changed because I wanted it to change, not in a perceived reality, but in how I looked at it, how I perceived it to be. The power to change our life dream is amazing. We can free ourselves from limitations and find true happiness by calling it to be. We all have this power; it’s in becoming aware, of waking from the dream to realize that you are the dreamer.

Thought for now: What are your illusions of this perceived reality?