Monday, February 27, 2006

At Month’s End

“The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” From the book Illusions.

One of the characters, the messiah of the book, says at the end of the book, “But I think…I like the drama…” He said this concerning being shot by what he calls a friend for he thought it would be best to be murdered by a friend than some angry person. I have to admit I laugh a lot, even at times when most would be upset, crying, or angry. It’s the drama, although I’ve never considered myself one for drama, I suppose I like the drama of life, these sketches I’m drawing for amusement, my personal amusement. I never realized how much drama I have drawn for my life, but as I reflect upon some of those things at this moment, I laugh. What a life I’ve lived! I have lived in many places, met many people, learned many things and all through these dramas created in my life dream.

I feel as though I have lived a thousand life times just within this one life dream. Maybe I was trying to get as much out of this life as I could, maybe I still am. I’m sitting here as usual in the big, comfortable, square, blue-clothe covered chair in the Living room looking out the window at how the beauty of the grounds is coming to life. It’s amazing what beauty comes about when something is loved and cared for. Yesterday I desired to play with rocks, so I started cleaning up around the old garage where a pile of rocks sat. I discovered more flowers, some ferns, some old junk, glass, and as I began to put the huge rocks into place, circled a bit away from the building, I could see what an incredible art studio it could be. The rocks will create a circular outdoor area once filled with dirt and covered with crushed granite to be packed which will create an awesome place to sit. From that outdoor space one can see in all directions. The building needs some loving care, but amazingly is in overall good shape for its time upon the earth. I see it, as I do most spaces, not as it is, but as it can be. I suppose that is my gift; I see things as beautiful, with a purpose. I used to try to create these things on my own, however, now I realize that I NEED others to help create the beauty I see. For me, it’s in sharing the vision and having someone work with me to express the beauty. Although there are times, like yesterday, that I greatly enjoyed throwing rocks alone, there are times that I desire company.

Today is another beautiful sunshine filled day. This week is supposed to be very warm, so my intents are to continue preparing Lonnie’s garden area for planting. I’ve already trimmed his orchard and started cleaning up around the garden. There are things I would like to accomplish to help him have the kind of garden he desires. I’m setting my intentions to visit my friend Larry, the Architect and Bike/Café owner, in Columbia towards the end of this week. I’m looking forward to visiting with him and several others up there, like Tomas (the deaf photographer with a gentle spirit), and Coyotey (a kind hearted young man who works for Larry and is a Reiki Master).

This is almost the end of the month, and although I was caught in a fog for a bit, I’m beginning to see clearly that I’m just to enjoy being. I’m just to enjoy the drama that I have drawn for myself, the same drama that brings about the emotions to be felt. Life is good, because I have drawn it this way.

Thought for now (this isn’t for everyone): Jorge, what’s up? Kelly, what have you been doing and how is your new love? I find that while I’m out and about that I miss the communications from my friends, as lately only a few have been sending emails. I wonder what everyone is up to and how he or she is doing. I see the value of communication, in sharing your life with others. How are you doing today?