Friday, January 06, 2006

Tenative Intentions

Today is Friday, January 6th, and I had the honor of meeting with Peggy (a client and friend) for lunch. I so enjoy her energy and companionship. I present her with some ideas for an addition to her home. Previously when I tried to draw the ideas nothing would come, then I met her husband, Rick, and son, Collier. Once I had met everyone in the home the energy and ideas flowed freely - what changed? It was the requirement that everyone involved meet and share thoughts and concepts together. The new addition will greatly enhance their home and I am honored that they placed their faith in me to develop the ideas.

The other day I received an email from Finn, an amazing woman who I feel a strong connection with, and she taught me a lesson. Plans represent a set idea, time, etc, and when we open ourselves to being vulnerable, ready for what will presented to us at any moment, then we cannot set plans. However, we can work towards Tenative Intentions. Words are very important and this new concept of intentions for the future resonnates with clarity, with being available to live in the moment and enjoy the pleasures as they are presented without fear of breaking our "plans". I have realized the importance of tenative intentions recently, I was going first to New Mexico, however, my sister called and requested some help with getting her home protected and the positive energies flowing for health, protection, wealth and love. Thus, being open to what may be, I have tenative intentions of going first to my sisters in Louisiana to share my thoughts, trainings, and beliefs with her and her family. Thank you Finn! I'm honored that you have chosen to share your heart with me.

Another lesson learned recently was from reading Dr. Scott Peck's book, "Different Drum." This lesson taught me about stewardship and guardianship. The money, items, and other souls that come into our lives are never ours to own, but we are stewards of money and items, guardians of souls (I speak particularly of my recently guardianship of Roadie). I had been calling him mine, however, that is incorrect. He is an independent soul who has chosen to allow me the honor of being his guardian for now. I now refer to him as his own person, no longer say, "my little old man" or "my good boy." I now say, "That's a good little old man" and "you are such a good boy." I'm finding that by acknowledging him as an independent soul that he responds better. He's learned to bark when he needs to go relieve himself, or uses the paper instead of the carpet. I think he's very special, not to mention very smart to learn these things at such a young age. Thus my thought of him as an old man. This new outlook has helped me understand my stewardship of money. I don't look at it as my money, but rather money that has been placed in my stewardship for distrubution for the common good and encouragement of others. Yes, through this stewardship I have to be mindful of proper management and making sure that bills and other things are paid for. This has also helped greatly with the idea of putting aside 10% of all money sent to me into a savings account. The stewardship of items - houses, cars, furniture, etc. - means taking care of these items while in my stewardship so that they will be honored, appreciated, and respected.

Today, I am filled with the knowledge of abundance - money, friends, love, and so much more. The abundance of God's love in my life, the nature around me, the people who share my journey, and the Universe. You may see me refer to the Universe a lot, and when I do I'm referring to God - something greater than myself that directs and holds everything together through the energy of love - creation. I'm growing to understand how the various different religions of the world all share a part of this paradoxical God. Mother Earth, Father Spirit, Budda, and so many others all have their roots here. Paradox - without it nothing is complete, with it you can see what is real and what is false. Nothing is as simple as black and white, there are always many aspects to anything. In order to accept any idea then we have to be aware of the paradox involved and ready to accept all aspects.

I would like to leave you with a poem I wrote some years ago, however, the meaning of this particular poem holds such truth with these new understandings.

Words

Words, spoken, written, heard, read.
I find the written word easier to understand.
Words spoken have dirrent meanings,
both to speaker and listener.
People should think more before speaking
for a word spoken can cause such joy/pain.
I prefer the written word,
but there is life in the spoken.

Poem by "Sebastian" Lynn Boney


The power of the spoken word is so great! God spoke creation into existence and I belive that that same spoken word is what holds every thing together today - for simplicity I refer to it as the energy that is in everything and everyone. It's the same energy that I help adjust in homes when I consult, the same energy that binds us all together, and the same energy that brings the power of the spoken word to life. I'm becoming more aware of the power of my own words and the affects they have upon myself and others, thus I'm learning to be more careful of my words so that I only send out positive energy to others.

Today is beautiful and it's such a pleasure to be able to share in this beauty. I believe that when we acknowledge the beauty and appreciate it that we receive energy back to help us along our way, to stay connected with the greater whole. I've been told that old forests have great energy and this I believe strongly because of my connection with my family homestead and it's untouched forests. I have found in my own life that when I appreciate the beauty around me that I'm filled with energy and love, that supports my life with extra to share with others.

Thought for the the day:
"Be more mindful of the words spoken and the power those words have."