Saturday, December 31, 2005

A New Year

It's December 31st of the year 2005 and I'm sitting here contemplating upon what has been over the last few years and what awaits over the years to ahead. I'm filled with excitement, fear, a longing, a hope for something better. I came to Austin at the bequest of my best friend, Jorge, so I could have a safe place to live and a chance to find my footing again. I am so appreciative of his love and support during a time when I had lost my way. I am now on my feet again living in my own apartment and doing consulting work.

As I sit here now my heart is filled with love for a great friend who has always been there for me, appreciative for the new friends I've developed, and filled with excitement about the new people I'll be meeting. Tonight I'll be spending time with Kelly and his friend for dinner, then with my best friend, Jorge, and his partner, Rick. I'll be starting my New Year by attending my first orientation at the Shambhala Meditation Center in Austin and then I'm meeting with a great client. Peggy, my client, is full of energy and we've been able to share many things. I'm currently helping with a redesign of their home. I'm excited about the way my New Year is going to be starting, so I am eager to see how the rest of the year will turn out.

Well, it's almost 6, so I need to get showered and dressed for dinner. I'll write more tomorrow.