Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday Festivals




Well, it seems there are many festivals here in Antigua during the month of December (deciembre) because every day there is a new procesiĆ³n down the streets. Today I heard some music during class in the streets so I asked my professor what was up. She said lets go see and took me into the street and then said, oh, today is the 11th. These people were announcing the festival tomorrow. I'll have to write more about which festival is tomorrow later as I cannot remember the name at this hour.

I've been studying my Spanish with Willemen from Holland and Mic. We all sat in my room doing our homework (tarea) until almost 10 pm. Now I'm trying to wind down so I can get some sleep. However, I wanted to share some photos of the costumes we saw in the street today.