Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Antigua, Guatemala

After spending a night in Guatemala City, mostly because I was so tired and just wanted a night to relax and rest, I arrived in Antigua this morning around 11 am. I immediately checked into a small hostel, the Yellow House was full and I didn't want to pay $16 per night for a double room. Dropping my big backpack onto the dorm bed, I was off and running to my school. I enrolled and started 15 minutes later. I'm in the afternoon classes from Noon until 4 pm. My teacher is Olga, who is very friendly and helpful.

This afternoon's class was great. Before it was over I was forced to have conversations with Olga in Spanish. She did say I was doing very good for my first day. I cannot wait to see how the next few weeks progress. There are some words that I just haven't been able to wrap my head around, but I learned about one of them today a little bit.
I returned to my hostel, called UmmaGumma, to relax and do some research about where to stay for the next month here. This place isn't as bad as I first thought, it's just different and the furniture isn't all the comfortable.

I have home work to do tonight, have to find a place to eat, and get some rest, so I'll write more as I can.