Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Mist of Time

Awakening with the sounds of the forest old, with the loving affection of not one but two dogs now (one not mine), and rising to see the early morning mist that has covered the ground is how this morning was greeted. This mist reminds me of times spent in Alaska camping and hiking the countryside. Every morning the mist would roll in providing moisture to all it touched and creating a mystical world of Merlin and wizards. (You know wizards can call forth a mist and have done so for a long time.) This morning is no different. It is like the magic has returned that I sensed was gone the other day. It’s like the storm cleansed the earth and now Merlin has conjured a mist to make his presence known after a long absence. One might call it a miracle, one might call it a sign, and I believe it is all of these things and more. I was told to follow the signs this month and I would be led to where I belonged. I never thought it would be here. Last night I discussed with my sister about how I can assist her and by doing so assist myself so now I’m calling Louisiana home again, amazingly on the property that I had to leave so long ago, the property that has always meant so much to me. However, it is different now. It doesn’t have the same meaning as before, the memories of the past are here forever, but the freshness of the now lingers like the soft mist upon the pond as a reminder to start a new, knowing that I’m being refreshed with the waters of mystical times.

According to my mother, I was the one that kept telling everyone that I was going to have a little sister, so I am not surprised to discover later in life that I have power to call things forth. It seems that for two years before my little sister arrived I kept telling everyone that I was going to have a little sister and my mother would get congratulations only to tell them that she wasn’t pregnant. I got my little sister and although the younger years together were rough, we are now closer than ever. I suppose I needed to create a special person to have with me as I grew older. And speaking of mothers, mine just happened by and knocked on the door. Perhaps with me being here I can begin the process of getting to know who she has become without being entangled in their way of life or the drama they create around them.

I was nervous about being here, but today I’m feeling more at ease. The sun is filtering its rays of light down through the mist upon the waters of the pond and creating lights of fancy colored green upon the leaves as they are moved by the wind. The air is filled with the sweet songs of birds, the clock is chiming its hour, and the quiet of the morning brings peace. I’ve followed the signs and they have led me here to where it all began some many years ago. I’m not here to romance the past, but to create a new life as the new forest grows around me. I’m here to guide and encourage my family and I’m here so I can complete an education and have the means to travel as I please. It is good to be here for my sister and I are both laughing more, and as we all know laughter is good medicine. I’ve missed living with them. Before I left Louisiana my sister had moved into my house and they lived with me. We all laughed together then and enjoyed having as much fun as we could. Good times filled with laughter are ahead.

For now, instead of a thought I’ll give encouragement. Just as Merlin can, call forth your own mist to cover the land, allow the mystical waters to fill the air, to cover the land, and refresh your spirit. You have the power. It is done, blessed be.