Friday, March 24, 2006

The Hawk

Today as I was working at Lonnie’s I had to return to the cabin to get something and as I drove through the meadow I saw a beautiful hawk fly right in front of me. It soared with us and around us until we went through the woods again. I was curious as to it’s meaning so I looked it up and here is what the Hawk represents: Power, Magic, and Messenger.

Hawk is the messenger, the protector and the visionaries of the Air. It holds the key to higher levels of consciousness. This totem awakens vision and inspires a creative life purpose. A Hawk totem is filled with responsibility because Hawk people seek the overall view. They are aware of omens and spirit messages. A Red-Tailed Hawk Totem is special. It has direct ties to the Kundalini, the seat of primal life force. It is associated with the base Chakra. If you have this Totem, you be aware of and work toward fulfilling your soul's purpose. It reflects a greater intensity of energy within your life: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual forces will all be strong within you. The Red-Tail Hawk is a permanent totem -- it will always be with you. It is associated with the number "14" with the Tarot card Temperance. This card represents the teaching of higher expressions of psychic ability and vision.