Sunday, March 26, 2006

Expectations

“people live their whole lives shut in by walls. Reality stands before them, yet they don’t see it, because what you call real is just the mirror image of your expectations. You project the same images everywhere you go. They blind you; they keep you chained to the past, but your greatest fear is that one day the mirror will show you reality.”

“But how do we find out what is real?”

“Reality is simply what is; reality is the thing in front of your nose, pressing so close that there is no room to miss it. But you do miss it, because all you see is what you think should be there.”

“Nothing is doing anything, because there is only perfect peace and order.”


These quotes were taken from The Return of Merlin. I read these last night. Yesterday I wrote about the mental prisons and as I read this last night it reminded me of those prisons we create for ourselves. Those chains created by keeping false ideas derived from parents, churches, schools, friends, and family while we were growing up. As we were growing up many things happened and we were told many things. I have discovered that many of those things – thoughts or beliefs – are false to what really is and had held me captive for many years in despair, depression, and feelings of worthlessness, and so many other negative aspects. As I have begun the process to SEE WHAT IS, I have been able to find that perfect peace and order.

It hasn’t been an easy journey of discovery, however the pain I had to face was the thing that showed me where to focus to find healing. I believe it may take me a lifetime to uncover and release all of the negative aspects that I have long held to be falsely true about myself, but I know that I have the power to overcome them. We all have the power to overcome the negative aspects of our pasts. The power is our mind, our thoughts, and our free will to change them. Truth can be found in many forms, from many religions, and from the many events that we created for ourselves to help us grow.

I have been learning about Numerology and last night in my online course I learned about Karmic debt. I have been learning Numerology from Decoz.com. It’s a free course and has helped me understand the Pythagorean aspects of Numerology. Karmic debt is derived from what happened in previous lives. Not everyone has Karmic debt, but those that do will have to work through this to grow in this physical life. (Yes, I believe there is something to reincarnation.) You can read about Karmic Debt in Numerology by clicking here. I have Karmic debt to overcome in this life and I suppose that is why I have struggled so with my finances, as I have a Karmic Debt number of 8, which deals with knowing how to handle money. Knowing this is helping me stay focused on my need to be responsible ALL of time on this matter so I can learn from this lesson to help be become the successful person that others see.

I have placed many expectations upon my self and others, which have limited what could have been. This is something that I’m learning to let go of, because when I put expectations upon something or someone then I limit them and me. I have learned that the thoughts I have about my self, others or events are expectations. I’m learning to be careful of what I think about my self, others and events so that I don’t limit any of them or my self. Releasing my expectations allows me to live in the moment and to enjoy each moment for what it is, not what I expected it to be.

Thought for now: What is your reality? What are the expectations that you have placed upon your life, upon others, and upon events? Perhaps if we can let go of the expectations then we can begin to find some freedom, joy, and happiness in our lives, the people around us, and the events we create.