Monday, February 11, 2008

Returning to Austin in February

Wow, what a whorl wind of adventures of late. Sometimes traveling with a nice laptop isn’t very comfortable because of the fear of something happening to it. Such has been the case lately, until my arrival here in San Jose, Costa Rica; thus, I haven’t been able to write much. I now have one week here before I fly back to Austin to see my doctor, return the laptop to a safe location, buy a nice backpack (because I need one to travel such as I am now), and determine what limited clothing I’ll be taking with me as I begin traveling again through Mexico, back down through Central America and down into South America. My current intentions are to travel to Puerta Vallarta to see Jorge and Rick in March and then continue South until I get to Panama before finding a way through the Panama Canal to Cartagena, Columbia, where I’ll begin my South America travels.

For now I’m going to try to recall some of the adventures of the past month and write about them. I’ve already posted the photos from the adventures so you’ll have to scroll down to find the various photos.