Sunday, June 10, 2007

For the Highest Good

“I value whatever supports the highest good for every person, including myself.”

This is one of the affirmations that I say everyday and this one particularly is changing my life because it’s changing the way I think, what I do, how I behave, and how I look at others. With this one thought I can no longer think only of myself. As I meet new people my thoughts are controlled as to what words support that person, encourage them. I sense that the greatest change is taking place within me, learning to love myself and to seek whatever is for my highest good.

This thought change now has me daily questioning what is important for me and what is for my highest good. This includes becoming a better money manger (I’m now keeping a daily record of my spending), learning to try to save money, what things I actually do for fun, learning to exercise, learning to eat correctly, and more.

Now I’m writing this, My Important Things List. Here are the things that are most important to me:

Obtain ordination through One Spirit Interfaith Seminary.

Obtain my college degree in Architecture.

Fulfill my dream of flipping properties so I’ll have the income I desire.

To have a loving and committed relationship.

To develop a body that I feel good about.

To save enough money that I can take vacations and travel.

Buy a house where I can live with furniture and a yard to do gardening.

I’m beginning the process of enrolling for Seminary and doing some work to obtain the initial application fee. I am hoping that my best friend and I will be able to work together on flipping houses so that I can save up enough money to put aside for the tuition for Seminary and eventually to return to Arlington to finish college. I know that once I return to college I won’t be able to work because I need to concentrate on school, so I’ll need a good amount of money and I can get the funds through flipping houses.

Part of entering into a loving relationship is to become the type of person that others will admire. An honest, trustworthy, capable man who appreciates life and works to take care of himself through regular exercise and nutrition. I know that if I commit to doing the things that are important to me then the right man will present himself and be attracted to me because I’m being true to myself and following my dreams. The other part is about learning to open myself up again to feeling and being loved, for I am a man who is deserving of love and open to it, and able to appreciate and love another man who is true to himself.

Through these things I know that I will be successful in earning enough money to put some aside in savings so I can travel and do the things I’ve long desired. I’ll be able to eventually buy the house I desire and enjoy my time in the gardens that I create.

The reason for writing these things down is to help me stay focused on the goals so I can find ways of reaching them. Thus, I hope to aide the help of my friends and family to keep me on track of these things. I’m dreaming again but this time I’m dreaming within reason and putting pathways in place to obtain my dreams.