Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Poisoned Ties, But Friendship Grows

Poison
by Melissa Roberts

Words that need to be spoken should not accumulate inside.
The hurt, pain or jealousy a person feels can not hide.

Sorrow and anger can be and will be suppressed.
But this only leads to a person feeling depressed.

Anger is a deadly toxin in which the body it flows.
When it takes over limb by limb, everyone knows.

The body - The mind controls and manipulates.
As the poison enters the veins and circulates.

When the poison reaches the heart it's too late.
Disastrous emotions take over such as revenge and hate.

The antidote to cure these emotions, is not so hard to find.
We must search to learn to control our spirited bodies and minds.


Not but a single day past, a day spent alone and questioning the very reasons for the words spoken and actions taken the night previous, and now the words begin to flow of what end I'm uncertain, but nevertheless they flow. Sometimes friends and family can unknowingly, or is it knowingly because only they really know where to thrust the dagger for it's greatest affect, say things that cause such pain, hurt, and humiliation. Having endured such pains for many years and seldom speaking of them, over the years I have begun to change the feelings and respects of my heart regarding the persons from which such pains were derived.

There are times, such as I have learned, that it doesn't profit to say anything in response, however, with such times depression and questions arrive. Can I really respect the person that caused such a hurt that only time, oh mighty time if such that you could heal, can heal. Is it time or the ability to forget? Forget or forgive, it's all within the realm of friendship and love. For what friend hasn't done or said things in moments of anger, drunken states, or even casual jokes that could cause pain in the other friend.

Time has limited the number of friends I can call 'friend', but was it due to my crazy Bi-Polar life or was it something else. Perhaps my weakened heart has learned to just dismiss anyone who causes such pain in order to protect it from further abuse. Yes, this could be the case, however, knowing that there are many people lost over the years as friends only because they couldn't understand or just accept what I was going through also, mostly because my mental states through the various Bi-Polar stages doesn't have a way of understanding, especially when I cannot understand it myself.

It has taken years to let go of the past, at least as much as I can recall now, but still there lingers those little voices that insist for my person, my heart, to hold back and bar the door for emotions, friendships, and such for fear of being hurt again, even by those same people. Oh how little they really know of the pains suffered at their hands, if only they could see what was really inside my heart and how greatly it has suffered. Through reasons or beliefs of their own they speak, but shouldn't words be spoken in love, but even then, at least from my life, love is relative only to another's perspective, beliefs and conditioning.

Knowing that I myself have caused such as the same hurt in others have caused leads me to question just how we all survive friends and family over the years and still maintain friendships and family ties. As I've watched my family explode over the years, because of such now wearisome words, actions and emotions released, I wonder how such as it seemed a close family could ever be thrown so far from each other. I suppose time has allowed each to grow, to come to new understandings, and to improve their acceptance of others which now allows friendships to flourish and families to grow together.

Yes, the daggers have all been placed with deadly accuracy, however, the wounds will heal, if not healed, and hopefully only love and a new respect will surface. Surface not only because of the healed wounds, but because through words we can learn to share such pains with others and allow them to see such as it was from our perspective. Which once discovered hopefully leads to a new understanding of each other.

Yes, my best friend hurt me greatly the other night, which caused an unpleasant flight, but only through the hours, the day spent alone, could I find my way back to respect and love him again. Love, whatever it is or means, is just learning to accept people for who they are, willing to allow them to be who they are, and hopefully having them respect the same for you.

Thus, with time, and hopefully with grace, friendships will grow and the family ties will strengthen as we each learn to speak, not in anger, but in a true concern for the each other. Thus today is the day to speak of the hurt, not tomorrow or the next, with tenderness and concern. For there is a hope that those who have long past given up hope, given up love, and given up any idea of a tie might one day come around to realizing what has been lost and seek to restore such. Thus my blessings continue to my family and friends.



Promise Never To Untie
by Hope

The tender words are spoken
Each body and soul bared
Told secrets over endless days
Often doing more than dared

New world beyond my door
With intrigued and intensity
Now we have shared our hearts
A bond now made it permanently

Facing our days made easier
Despite any type of weather
Each other's heart felt deeply
Both happy we stuck together

It took us little time and effort
The bonding as strong as glue
I now promise never to untie
The strings I have tied with you

The understanding of each other
Breaths to take, we breathe the air
As the relationship interchanges
Knowing our loving hearts are there

Now we are never left on the outside
Lovingly enter each others domain
Smiling. laughing and forever teasing
But forever friends we then became.