Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And it harm none, so mote it be.

“And it harm none, so mote it be.” I’ve heard this many times from various sources, only recently have I begun to fully understand it’s meaning. As the study of religions has progressed, so has the understanding that mostly all of them are in essence leading to the same Divine Being. The latest study is that of Wiccanism and Paganism. These are earth based spiritualisms, not religions, similar to Native American Shamanism. Contrary to what has been portrayed in movies and folklore, they aren’t devil worshipers, in fact, they don’t even believe in a devil. They worship the Goddess in many forms. A respect for the earth, concern for others, and a respect for other’s individuality seems to dominate.

I see their spell casting as a way of calling forth things, just like the Bible when it says, “call those things that be not as though they already are.” I’ve been reading “The Spiral Dance, A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess” by Starhawk and “The Solitary Witch” by Silver Raven Wolf. From these books I’m gaining an understanding of many things, including a greater understanding of how the early Christians (who were Gnostics) believed. For they believed the scriptures as guides to gain a higher level of spiritualism, not like today’s churches that believe the Bible is a legal format for reaching God.

When I was preaching I fully understood what Christ meant about being Divine – “I am in my father, my father is in me, and I am in you.” In other words, we are the Divine. This is one concept that Wiccans and Pagans believe and celebrate. The statement made at the beginning is one of the key beliefs, not to cause harm to anyone. The belief that what you do comes back to you threefold, similar to Karma.

Although I’ve only begun to read these books, I’m hoping to gain even more knowledge about who I am as a person. My latest reports from my new doctor have provided a new outlook on life. My most recent visit to my Holographic Repatterner has altered my energies for living, not dieing. As a result my new affirmations are:

“I value whatever supports the highest good for every person, including myself.”

“I take the risk to go for what is most important to me.”

“I see the opportunity in difficult situations.”

“I see what needs to be done; commit myself to action.”

These affirmations have helped in the process of beginning to live again and to take actions to which show I value things that are important to myself, such as taking care of myself, valuing myself as a person, and beginning to take the risks to do those things that are important to me. Through this process I’ve joined a gym and am now working out and swimming daily from Sunday through Thursday. I’m volunteering for various organizations and I’m seeking to return to college, not to mention I’m gaining a new smile from a dentist. I’m learning to rejoin society, but with a newer respect than before for the value of each person and how I am to treat them.

And it harm none, so mote it be.