Sunday, August 27, 2006

Finances

Good news has arrived recently and it has helped put my mind at rest concerning a few things. My student loan is now paid in full so they won’t be deducting money from my disability checks anymore. It will be nice to receive the full amount again into my bank account. I was stressed over them deducting it, but glad it is now over and done. Money has always been an aspect of my peace of mind, not that I have a lot of it, but just that I have it tucked safely away and ready for use. So I’m surprised that I didn’t learn to save money as a youth.

I’ll be going to Austin soon I believe, that is if things work out for me to be there. It has been getting hard on me to be in Austin as a traveler, because I am having to bring Roadie with me, not that I mind his company, it’s just been hard. It was easier when I could leave him in Louisiana and then I didn’t worry about him being in the heat, so I hope that it will be cooler this trip. I cannot leave him in Louisiana anymore because I do not trust my sister to take care of him properly. I am hoping to be able to find an apartment or house to rent while I’m in Austin this next trip and start the process for me to be able to move back to Austin in October. There have been other thoughts as well.

Part of me still longs to travel some, but I’m not sure if I could do it now, except maybe some small weekend trips. Gas is getting too expensive and on a limited income and it is getting harder to buy the gas. Health is another issue, but I’m working on resolving it with a new HIV doctor here in Louisiana. I’m not sure what today holds in store, so I cannot worry about what tomorrow will be. I’m learning to just enjoy being each moment. I’ve been riding an exercise bicycle each day and doing pushups to build my strength up. I hope that after moving back to Austin that I can find a gym and start working out there. I’ve thought about it here, but the nearest gym is over 30 miles away.

I’ve never been one to enjoy working out, but I think it’s time I do it for health reasons, not to mention I know how good it will make me look as I’m already seeing better muscle tone in my chest and arms from the pushups. I like the way it looks, so I’m sure I will like my body more if I can keep to a workout schedule.

Thought for now: There are so many in my head that I’m not sure which one to ask. So, if there is anyone reading this, why don’t you tell me your thoughts. It would be nice to hear what others are learning.